By virtue of the law of the State of Maryland and in pursuance of an ordinance of the Mayor and City Council of Baltimore this Diploma is bestowed upon Henry L. Mencken[,] a graduate of the Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, in testimony that he has satisfactorily pursued and completed the full course prescribed by the curriculum and has conducted himself with propriety during his connection with the Institute. Given under our hand and the seal of the city this 23rd day of June, A.D. 1896.
Jas. L. Murrill[,] Chairman Chas. H. Gatch Wm. W. Dix M. Sheehan James F. Morgan John T. Morris, Pres.
John W. Saville, President A. Newton Ebaugh, Vice President Wm. Dugent, Instructor W. G. Richardson, Instructor W. H. Hall, Assistant Thos. G. Ford, Assistant Jno. [John] L. Yater, Jr., Assistant J. Ward Willson, M.D., Assistant Geo. M. Gaither, Assistant Rich'd. H. Uhrbrock, Assistant Albert McClean, Assistant Warren S. Seipp, Assistant B. Wheeler Sweany, Assistant F. D. J. Kaessmann, Assistant William A. Jones, Assistant Samuel M. North, Assistant William S. Blake, Assistant Jos. C. O'Connor, Assistant Ralph L. Williams, Assistant Fredk. W. Wild, Assistant B H Branch, Assistant
Alcaeus Hooper Mayor.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.
This item is owned by the Estate of H. L. Mencken. Permission to publish or reproduce this item is required and must be obtained from the H. L. Mencken Estate. For more information, please call 410-396-5430 and ask to be connected to the Mencken Room.